Saturday, April 11, 2009

Feeling Down....and Up



I have been feeling really down lately. It just seems like life is really hard right now. Everyone is going through something and in most cases more than one something. I am not sure if this is mostly due to the state of the world in general or if its just part of growing up and dealing with grown-up things. But its hard and its just been really getting to me. This is mostly because I tend to worry about things and people that I have absolutely no control over. But I cant help it. I just want everyone to be healthy, happy and have no problems. I mean is that really so much to ask? :)






So......I was really excited when my sister Breanna came up with a plan that involved both of my sisters, a weekend visit to see my best friend from high school and a session of conference. A full weekend of girl talk, giggling and reminiscing. We had tons of fun! It was great to see Aimee and meet her two little cuties! And Conference was....well...AMAZING. I really needed a lift and it provided exactly that. We were able to attend the second session on Saturday so we were there for all the sustaining. There was something truly amazing about being able to raise my arm and show my love for our prophet while he sat only feet away.






I got one more boost tonight as we were able to attend a double convert baptism in our ward. A few weeks ago we were able to have these to sweet young ladies in our home while they were taught by the Missionaries and that was truly a treat. Its been years since I have been able to sit in on a discussion and I forgot what an amazing spirit the Elders carry with them. Its been a blessing to get to know Jocelyn and Becky and be a part of their journey and new life. There was such an amazing spirit there with us tonight. It has made me excited to look for someone else to listen to the missionaries just so that we could have them in our home again.



I am grateful for this last week and the ups I have experienced. The downs are easier to handle when I know there are ups just around the corner. I am also grateful to be part of a church that has so many ups around every corner. They are always there for the taking if we just choose to partake.

2 comments:

Bre 10-E said...

wow thank you!!!!! this post makes me feel good :) im glad i could help take you away from the hustle bustle of life for a little while. the girl talk was fun and its a experience i wouldnt ever take back!

Jill said...

You are such a special person! I loved all your words here in this post! Thanks for being so great!