I am not sure how interesting this will be but here are 2-7 things you might not know about me.
1. I have a "thing" about cereal. The SECOND the milk touches the bowl I must start eating it as quickly as possible. If the cereal gets soggy, I am DONE. Its actually so bad that if Vaughn pours a bowl of cereal and then starts walking around talking to me with it in his hand I really cant concentrate on what he is saying. I have literally blurted out "aren't you gong to eat that" in the middle of his sentence because i can only think about how his bowl is turning into a soggy mess.
2. I love "organization tools". If you open any closet,cabinet,or drawer in my house you will most likely find some sort of basket, bin, or bucket system. Now, I am not saying that I am the most organized person. I definitely have clutter areas in my house (see number 3). I am just always looking for and trying a new way to keep everything in its place and a place for everything.
3. I love to get mail....I hate to deal with mail. I pay almost all our bills on line now but we still get hard copies in the mail. I will toss tons of mail into a huge pile for weeks before I drag myself to the horrible pile and begin the huge chore of sorting out what we need to save and what we need to shred. Every single time I tell myself that this time I will just deal with it as it comes each day but that only seems to last for a day or two.
4. I cant spell. I swear I have some sort of slight dyslexia. If I get in a hurry I will mix up even the simplest words. I have to really think about it when I am writing or typing. I think that is partly why I fell in love with the Montessori approach. I always felt like I got in trouble at school for mixing up "simple" things. But I think I really just needed a different way to look at it. Hopefully now you all aren't scared about me teaching preschool kids to read and write. :)
5. I am a Diet Pepsi addict. Now let me first state that I do drink water and I drink a lot of water. But most days in the afternoon I am able to find 10 or 15 minutes for myself and I love to check my e-mail, read blogs or flip through a scrapbook magazine...or whatever... while sipping on a Pepsi. It is my time to gear up for dinner and whatever the evening holds for us. I look forward to it and I need it. It is my little treat to myself and I really do miss it if I don't get it.(On a side note I have been feeling bad about this lately because when we go to get any fast food anything Macie will be yelling from the back seat "I'll have a diet" or "I want a diet for me mom". Is it wrong to think thats cute and funny?)
Well that is all for me. Now I tag.....Courtney, Nancy and Aimee.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Our ward trunk'er treat was the Saturday before Halloween. Then my Mom had hers on Thursday and so by Friday I was really looking forward to just hanging out at home and passing out candy. We got Macie all dressed up and forced Ren into his costume for the third time and took them to just a few neighbors houses so that Macie didn't feel like she was missing out on anything once kids started knocking on our door. And then we waited............and waited. We got FOUR knocks on the door..... the entire night! Honestly, I was kind of disappointed.
My favorite part of Halloween was actually the pumpkin carving family night that has become a bit of a tradition in my family. We have been getting together the Monday night before Halloween for the past few years and I really have come to look forward to it.
This was Vaughn and Macie's pumpkin. It turned out really great. You could even see it from the street really well.