Monday, November 3, 2008

A week of Halloween fun

Our ward trunk'er treat was the Saturday before Halloween. Then my Mom had hers on Thursday and so by Friday I was really looking forward to just hanging out at home and passing out candy. We got Macie all dressed up and forced Ren into his costume for the third time and took them to just a few neighbors houses so that Macie didn't feel like she was missing out on anything once kids started knocking on our door. And then we waited............and waited. We got FOUR knocks on the door..... the entire night! Honestly, I was kind of disappointed.


My favorite part of Halloween was actually the pumpkin carving family night that has become a bit of a tradition in my family. We have been getting together the Monday night before Halloween for the past few years and I really have come to look forward to it.

This was Vaughn and Macie's pumpkin. It turned out really great. You could even see it from the street really well.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. The kids looked so cute, it would've been fun to be there. We love carving pumpkins too, yours were a bit cooler than ours though, traditions are great.